Monday, February 13, 2006

hmmm...


So yesterday and a lot many days before, I have been having these copyrightable with my dad. About what, you dare ask?What do you think but, Off course about my career, my path, my enlightens.... My destiny. It went somewhat like this:-
dad: girl, can I talk to you for a few minutes?
me: sure dad, what's up?
dad: seems like we haven't talked for days.
me: can't say that we haven't!
dad: ok, so what are you thinking?
me: right now, about setting the table and having a good dinner, doing the dishes,and then my homework, and then...
dad: ok, stop, that's alright, I meant your future, what are doing about that?
me: well... I have kinda made up my mind...
dad: hmmm hmmm go on....
me: see, I wanna do my MBA after my graduation preferably from India.
dad: have you given any thought to which university you wanna join?
me: oh yeah right! But don't you think, its the other way round? The university chooses me, not I select it.
dad: That's not entirely true, sweetheart. You have to have a plan, a strategy, a method.
me: wow, dad. I didn't know we were preparing for the war!
dad: don't get funny with me, Bittu(thaws my nick-name. For the un-initiated).
me: I am sorry dad. I just have made up a plan, yes.
dad did smile after that. And do you know how wonderful it feels to see a smile on your parent's face when they beaming at you?
AWESOME!!!


But hey! I know what to do with my life!
I am gonna be a rich girl! Simple. Short. Sweet.
No, that's not a false, icky, girl sentence. I am gonna do it. The question is how? No, the question is how fast. I have got the motivation. That's all alright. But maybe,I need a little more. I need a fire. A spark, to send me up in the sky. And I know nobody is gonna do it but me. I need to stoke it myself.
I need to tell the world that I have it in me to make it big. Let me share something else with you too. I AM SCARED OF THE GLASS CEILING PHENOMENON. You know, its kinda a jargon, sorry I used it. But, had to. It means that its been demonstrated from aeons that women aren't allowed to take top-positions in the corporate world. There's literally a glass-ceiling or a wall between a woman and that CEO post.
I don't want that. India is growing so should the norms.
See, I am not the bra-burning types, but a girl's gotta raise her voice when she's got to!
Maybe I'll will reach there. So, adios, see you on the other side.

8 comments:

singlewheatfemale said...

screw you, if you were to see me, i havn't had nail-paint on me ever!! point registered? i m already on it. I can't let you deifne me, sorry, chum!

singlewheatfemale said...

and thanks ele for reading my story, muuuaaah!!!

elfstone said...

Here is a comment on the previous comments :

The whole motivation and the desire for the spark, is it BECAUSE you never had nail paint on you ever? The average girl looking for recongition? Is this what you meant when you said that you weren't the 'bra buring types'

peace.

singlewheatfemale said...

Ok so first up I need to peace up with everyone. Rustic,I just got up in the morning...hadn't even brushed... or pooped... saw your comment.... something ticked off. as for the post on YOUR blog, don't pass judgemnets on others(on of the commandments)! muuuaaah cheers. and take on!

singlewheatfemale said...

hey elf? Are you a shrink by any chance, cuz hey if you are ... welcome to the bandwagon. Everybody is a shrink on the blog-world, including me. so no, I am not an average girl looking for recognition. I just meant that I don't to be taken as a feminist types.

elfstone said...

na not a shrink, i just read too much into hannibal lector :P

kumarldh said...

so u r not bittu
U:"Bittu(thaws my nick-name. For the un-initiated)."
but I guess that name sounded as BITTU
Anyway not an issue.
That story was inspired by one real life incidense. One of my bathmate was having problem with her INTERNET CONNEXION. I just spiced up everything. Fiction.
And U can hug me and go away.
The guy who refuses a hug by a girl must be killed on the spot. It reduces competition.
Cheers.

sting said...

Hey Girl,

Again it seems to me that you just speak to impress others. Well, I don't know the motive of writing. But "bra-burning" type writing is just like cheap one.